Saturday, September 02, 2006

Not A Pretty Sight After I've Eaten A Good Meal

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Be not afraid of growing slowly, be afraid only of standing still.---Chinese proverb


    The manager at the Arco is starting to get suspicious. Got my third visit today from friends who wanted to take me out to dinner. Third visit within a week's time. People coming not particularly to buy gas or overpriced gas station snacks. People coming to see Crusty The Stock Boy, White Rhino, The Marquis de Jolie or one of those other guys running around unfettered in my head. People coming from Longbeach, Hollywood and even The Valley.


    Right on time, too, 'cause I've been eating out of food bank cans since I spent my mad money on getting my old computers to my son. Had it not been for The Ornamental, I'd be raiding parking lot butt cans for my cigs about now.


    Fish & Chips in a pub in Manhattan Beach Thursday, burgers & Russian lattes in Hollywood Friday night, Jerry's Deli pastrami in The Valley Sunday and the Prime Steak Special at Fisherman's Wharf in Longbeach tonight. Wow! This has been a banner week.

    My crack motel room roommate, Creepy thinks I've gone mad. Every time he comes home from school at night, I'm sprawled across my broken barcolounger in a satiated Homer Simpson pose, saliva drooling out one corner of my mouth, eyes rolled up into my head, mumbling something about fish, lattes, pastrami or steak.


    Gotta admit it. I'm not a pretty sight after I've eaten a good meal.
Ads by AdGenta.com


No comments: