Friday, September 01, 2006

Crusty Goes To The Movies With A Russian Spy

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

People with many interests live, not only longest, but happiest.---George Mathew Allen


    Date with The Russian tonight. We saw "Brotherhood of the Wolf" at the Galaxy Five on the boulevard. French movie. English subtitles. 1800s French/Indian martial arts movie. I liked half of it. Maybe three quarters. Gave me the wanderlust for bog stompin'. Must be my Caddo Lake back swamp roots.


    Every time I'm with The Russian, I hear that old rock song "Refugee" in my head. Only instead of "You don't have to live like a refugee," I hear "You don't have to live like a Russian spy."

    She does that: lives like a Russian spy. When I went to pick her up at her house at the appointed time, a white Mercedes was just dropping her off. Out of the Mercedes, into the Creepmobile. We see a movie, grab a couple of lattes afterward at The Coffee Bean and a Mexican girl in a 70's gunboat Cadillac picks her up at The Coffee Bean. No telling how many more car switches there will be for The Russian tonight.


    The Russian says I'm a mean old bastard. Or rather, she says I am STILL a mean old bastard. I think she means it in a "when are you going to mend your ways?" way. I tell her I may be a mean old bastard, but I'm HER mean old bastard.

    The manager of the Arco, Kimmie, says I'm a mean old bastard, too. I prefer to think of myself as "crusty".
Ads by AdGenta.com


No comments: